If you value Stephen King’s opinion on writing, Maggie Zhang from Business Insider has assembled 22 pieces of writing advice from the prolific author. I’ve pared it down for you into a simple list, but if you want to read the whole article, here it is in its entirety.
1. Stop watching television. Instead, read as much as possible.
2. Prepare for more failure and criticism than you think you can deal with.
3. Don’t waste time trying to please people.
4. Write primarily for yourself.
5. Tackle the things that are hardest to write. Continue reading